Friday, July 28, 2006

Mono-dialogue II:
"You just need to realize that people care that you exist."
"But they don't," I said pointedly. My voice was firm, no such thing as trembling.
"Fascinating," he drawled.
“I keep having this recurring dream," I began. "Incessant knocking on my door, the barking of a dog, sometimes a child screams, but there is always a noise loud enough to get me out of bed. In the dream, you see, not in reality. And when I get up, I am face to face with a burglar, all in black. But it’s her; nothing has changed. And I spin her around as though we were waltzing, and I can feel her. Like a goddamn earthquake, I can feel her. And I want nothing more. This is funny because I’ve never had sex, and to tell you the truth, I find the woman downright repulsive. I don’t want her in my home, but some how I want her.”
"And you know why that is, don't you?"
"No," I replied, firm again.
"Because you have a repressed desire for anyone to enter your life - as long as that person is alive."
"Oh, good one!" I said. That was a new low!

1 comment:

quetzalcoatl said...

monologue inspired by virginity???
i understand your agony !!!