Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I draw inspiration for this post from a similar one from our good friend, the irrepressible Vamsi (http://tweakyscorner.blogspot.com/2006/04/some-things-i-find-really-irritating.html). The people mentioned below are for real, and all this happened during this time's short but eventful summer vacation...

One day I was walking down the road with some friends when one of them shouted, "Look at that dead bird!" Another looked up at the sky and said, "Where???"

While looking at a house (yup, Mr Mohanlal Bohra - our till recently 'gracious' landlord - has asked us to find a new house), my father asked the real estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. He asked, "Does the sun rise in the north?" When my father explained that the sun rises in the east, and has for sometime, he shook his head and said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff."

This friend of mine works in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day he got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. He told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?" Wanting to end the call quickly, he said, "Uh, Pacific".

My uncle has a lifesaving tool in his car: it's designed to cut through a seat belt if he gets trapped. He keeps it in the trunk...

Upon reaching Indira Gandhi International Airport (the hows and whys of that is a long story in itself) I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to the airlines office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, "has your plane arrived yet?”

While at a pizza parlor (on Cunningham Road in B'lore) I observed a man ordering a small pizza. He appeared to be alone and the waiter asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6 pieces.”

1 comment:

2T aka Vamsee said...

dude, u got my spelling worng :-X

good one though.