Saturday, July 01, 2006




The last two weeks have been the shortest two weeks of my life. It began on Sunday, 18th June with my Kingfisher flight to Delhi. Bang in the middle of the night I was in MDI Gurgaon, looking forward to a new life as a ManDevIan. I started attending the pre-induction classes (and the horrible open houses of seniors - equivalent to SVNITian calls). Things were settling down soon, although in hindsight I must admit I wasnt too happy about being there (always felt I deserved more than MDI PGP-HR). Out of no where I get a message from Sahu on Wednesday - "Flash News: Hitesh Sharma crack IIMK!". That message redefined the meaning of shock-of-my-life! You probably think that I must have been very happy that day. Well not really. So as to join MDI, I had convinced myself that MDI is better than IIMK, I, L (although deep within my heart I always knew that an IIM is after all an IIM). Setting all that self-convincing aside wasnt so easy. It was only on thursday night that I finally decided that IIMK is the place to be. On Saturday, 24th June I was back to Bangalore (by an Air Sahara flight). By Sunday morning I had arrived in Kozhikode. Once there I knew, Sharmaji aapne must decision liya. From that day on I have never once regretted leaving MDI. Beautiful campus, scenic backdrop, great profs, excellent seniors - IIMK is truly God's Own IIM!
(Top left: MDI Gurgaon. Top Right: IIM Kozhikode)

No comments: